Tis been a fun countdown to Christmas this year, celebrating the season with new friends and old, preparing our hearts as a family, and reaching out to others through some unexpected avenues. I'm wrapping up gifts this afternoon and scratching out a schedule for next week's activities. Let the rejoicing continue as we remember the Savior of the world is born!
1,2. flowers for our oldest angels who performed in their first play and executed their solos perfectly!
3. papa's crepes on special occasions, a family tradition
4. better than chocolate, playmobil's advent calendar almost empty
5. pretty pictures and lots of news during our weekly Chapter's (bookstore) date with the kids
6. at the movies; Tintin was better than expected; the kids loved the action and the animation was mesmerizing for the mama
7. Ryan Gosling: "Hey girl, You're right. Chalkboard paint would look perfect on that." He's an international heart throb but did you know he was so in touch with his sensitive side? I've seen his pictures with original quotes all over pinterest and the site that spawned them all will split your sides! Ryan's recent rise in stardom among the crafting community even has James France seeing green! Even my husband is a little jealous at how amusing I find it all and commented, "Ryan Gosling? He's a twig!" After seeing evidence to the contrary, he changed his tune to, "He's Canadian, you know?!" and then, "Hey girl, I love you even when you can't get your photos uploaded from your iPhone!" :)
8. make-up check on the way to meet our new friends
9. first time I made it to Jacob's basketball practice
10. apple pie in a jar plus Starbucks: a few of my favorite things as Christmas gifts for our neighbors
11. baggers at the local grocer
12, 14. our first trip to Canada's largest Ikea and their gingerbread house kit as a souvenir
13, 16. finally, snow! just in time for Christmas
15. the girls enjoying early morning play