- I'm a major list keeper so this helpful chart of ideas for capturing precious moments with your kiddos is right up my alley! Printing off and sticking to the fridge...
- We're having a tough time this week among siblings with the basics, especially speaking kind words. This free printable is a beautiful reminder of the power of our words to each other!
- I have a serious addiction to Instagram and all photos taken with the ever handy iPhone! When great quality and convenience can fit in the palm of your hand, who can be bothered with the other camera that weighs a ton?! This weekend I plan on displaying some of our favorite vacation pics in a collage and blowing up the best poster-size!
- Every so often I get a sudden urge to purge and organize in the kids' rooms. With new room assignments, we need to repaint and re-accessorize each for the gender occupying the space. This hand-stitched embroidery is so beautiful I'm thinking of using it as my springboard for colors in the girls' room.
- For the unisex room with bunk beds, anything and everything from this vintage etsy shop tops my wish list. Happily discovered today that the curator of this shop also has a blog!
- Between vacation downtime and my recent "fasting" from evening tv, I'm finally checking books off my must-read list. One of my favorites: Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell. Fascinating and challenging, this has motivated some major changes in the way I pursue life and approach homeschooling. While I don't agree with his sometimes narrow view of success, there are plenty of applications I can use towards the values by which I determine success. Cannot recommend this book enough!
I'm off this weekend to the Justice Summit and can't wait to hear specifics about how I can engage in modern day abolition. My detective neighbor and her police coworker are coming with me so hopefully they too can pick up a few tips on how to stop the perpetrators while providing sanctuary for the victims right here within our city.