Happy weekend all and a special shout out to all the babies' mamas and this mama's mama! Just a few links this weekend but plenty to inspire and get you thinking/creating/singing!
- I love the blog A Beautiful Mess but this? This is beautiful genius...a simple DIY DIM (done in minutes;). A trip to the thrift store is in order tomorrow and on the way I think I'll rock out to my favorite beats trying to decide which lyrics to use for this!
- Tomorrow we're celebrating mothers but Father's Day is right around the corner. This personalized scrapbook is perfect for letting your child document their special relationship with dad. Best part? It's free, glrorious free!
- I love virtual shopping via etsy and this week stumbled on a new favorite shop. Pen and Paint creates beautiful sketches of inspirational quotes and happy household items. Plus the artist's blog is a fun place to catch inspiration, a few DIYs, and the occasional freebie like this free spring printable.
- We first heard of Jayme Dee years ago through her support of 31 Bits but have been following her rising star ever since. Her song Rules was on the Hunger Games soundtrack (side note: this soundtrack is AMAZING!! The CIvil Wars, The Decemberists, Arcade Fire, Punch Brothers, Maroon 5, and Taylor Swift all on one album...perfection!), she's already performed twice at the iconic Roxy Theatre, and she just announced a Canadian tour date with Owl City on July 9. I have a vague suspicion I have something already booked that weekend but here's to hoping I'm Toronto bound instead!
- In other music news, Lecrae has a Church Clothes mixtape downloadable for free. I know, it's crazy...I love indie, mainstream pop, and yet still foster a deep love affair with rap. I own it: I'm messed up and so too will be my poor schizophonic children!
- Oh, and one more because it's on the list of things to do on my mother's day! (Ok, so I lied that this one would be short!) We've had way too much little people drama lately in our home so I made the executive decision to restrict all over-the-top hysterics to the stage! In real life, no drama or acting the victim in order to get others in trouble. In real life, I want real. But on the stage - act it out, girl! The kids liked this newly invented therapy so we will of course have to go big and pull out some very chic stage curtains for the doorway!
Looking forward to a special M-day brunch with some great moms tomorrow! So thankful for this calling...I've finally found a passion worth a lifelong pursuit!